Jonas CRUZELIngénieur d'étude
After completing my international undergraduate diploma in Biosciences with Biomedical Sciences in Aberdeen, Scotland, I completed a second undergraduate diploma at Toulouse III Paul Sabatier University in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Microbiology. With this background, I then completed a master's degree in Microbiological Diagnostics and Innovative Approaches in 2020, also at Paul Sabatier University.
I started my active life in 2020 as a molecular biology technician at Biofusion, located in Montauban (82) for a year. I then took up my position as a study engineer at iGReD in October 2021.
In the team, my work consists of the following tasks:
- Management: compliance with regulatory requirements; review laboratory protocols; supervise and discipline staff.
- Operation: monitor inventory and order supplies (chemicals, reagents, protective equipment, etc.); planning laboratory and equipment time for staff; link between staff and key stakeholders.
- Training: ensure that all team members have been trained to use laboratory equipment, software and supplies safely and effectively.
- Security: update the laboratory safety plan and safety data sheets (SDS); plan safety training for new employees or team members taking on new roles; enforcement of personal protective equipment policies.
- Maintenance: supervise the cleaning and disinfection of the laboratory; ensure the proper functioning of equipment and instruments; undertake repair/maintenance of equipment if necessary.